Akai Professional MIDI Mix
Total Mixing Performance in a Small Package
MIDImix is a portable compact high-performance mixer that has the unique ability to control your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) with the press of a single button, giving all musicians and producers complete, uncomplicated mastery over mixing and processing of their digital music creations on the go.
Until now, you had to build and layer your mixes at the performance site first, then transfer that mix at a later time to your DAW for post-mix processing and manipulation. What a pain. This is not the way you’d like to do it, because of the time lag between constructing the initial mix and then not being able to work on it until later in your DAW. This meant you only had a limited ability to create the exact mix you wanted in real time.
The On-Site Mixing Problem Solved!
Akai Professional’s portable MIDImix solves this problem completely. With Akai Professional’s famous build quality and cutting-edge engineering, it combines a high-performance mixer with 8 individual line faders and a master fader, 24 control knobs arranged 3 per channel and 1 to 1 mapping with Ableton Live (Ableton Live Lite is included). You can send all the mixer’s settings to their DAW with a single press of a button, for unprecedented management and precise control over your DAW’s functionality. This is great—it means that you can mix and modify/manipulate your projects concurrently in real time, giving you a much wider array of creative options as a result of the far greater creative flexibility afforded by MIDImix.
Nothing Else Like it
Up until now, there was just no solution for musicians and producers who needed a compact, easily portable way to mix and process their projects on site. But MIDImix is the best solution for portable mixing on the go. MIDImix offers an intuitive, familiar mixer layout, solid connectivity with the most popular DAWs, and legendary Akai Professional quality. MIDImix is exactly what you need to do great mixes and professional processing on site—at the same time.
- Midi mixer to control virtually any DAW
- 8 individual line faders, 1 master fader
- 24 knobs, arranged 3 per channel
- 16 buttons arranged in 2 banks provide mute, solo and record arm functionality per channel
- Sends all mixer settings to the DAW with a single button press
- 1 to 1 mapping with Ableton Live (Ableton Live Lite included)
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended) 1GB RAM (2GB recommended) Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended) 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended) Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended) QuickTime recommended
- Available USB port