Pioneer DDJ-SB3: A Revolution in Portable DJ Performance
The next product in Pioneer DJ's popular DDJ-SB series, the DDJ-SB3 offers even more portable digital DJing power than ever. This comprehensive yet portable option offers full 4-deck controls, on-jog displays, and tried-and-true mix functions such as Filter Fade and Pad Trans, the latter of which lets you cut the volume in time with the BPM when you trigger the performance pads. But that's just the beginning. The Pioneer DDJ-SB3 includes breakthroughs such as Pioneer's Pad Scratch and FX FADE functions, which open up entirely new creative avenues when you perform with Serato DJ.
Built for Serato DJ: the choice of serious digital DJs
These days, you can't get into digital DJing without picking up on the buzz surrounding Serato DJ, and Serato DJ Lite lets you get your hands on this amazing system for free when you pick up a Pioneer Pro DJ DDJ-SB3. Whether you're emulating traditional turntable DJing or taking advantage of the extreme flexibility of your high-tech DJ controller, Serato DJ provides you with the best in-the-box DJing experience you could ask for. A few of the things that have drawn many of the DJs here at Sweetwater to Serato DJ include its customizable layout and comprehensive toolset. In other words, you can tweak the layout to fit your style, and there's no shortage of tricks you can pull off with Serato DJ.
Pull off scratch effects, without knowing how to scratch with the DDJ-SB3
This may sound crazy, but Pioneer loaded up the DDJ-SB3 with an amazing, innovative function called Pad Scratch, and it might just change the way you DJ. With Pad Scratch, you can seamlessly pull off eight different professional scratch techniques by simply hitting the performance pads on the DDJ-SB3. These scratch techniques were actually performed by the legendary DJ Jazzy Jeff — so you know they're going to be good. Whether you use them on their own or in combination with other effects and transition effects, you'll find endless uses for Pad Scratch.
DDJ-SB3's FX Fade makes transitions even smoother
When theDDJ-SB2 came out, Sweetwater DJs were seriously impressed by its Filter Fade and Pad Trans functions. These made transitions smoother and provided dynamic ducking when using the performance pads — cool stuff! With the Pioneer DDJ-SB3, it gets even better. Now you get even smoother mixing, thanks to the FX Fade feature. This feature lets you automatically cut track volume as you apply one of eight effects patterns. Talk about an easy way to bring up the quality of your transitions!
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB3 Digital DJ Controller Features:
- A compact yet full-featured DJ controller that's perfect for mobile Serato DJ rigs
- 2-deck layout accommodates full 4-deck mixing for advanced performance
- Large jog wheels and intuitively laid out controls keep your workflow clean
- Rubber pads provide transport control, sampler access, cue triggers, and more
- Instantly pull off DJ-style scratch techniques via Pad Scratch
- Onboard filters and Filter Fade functions provide advanced mix options
- Pad Trans and FX Fade functions provide additional smooth mixing effects
- Built-in sound card includes all of the audio connections you need
- Includes a free download of Serato DJ Lite
- Controller Style:DJ Controller with Master out
- Number of Decks:4-deck
- Jog Wheels:2 x 5" Aluminum Jog Wheels
- Pads:16 x Performance Pads
- Faders:2 x Volume, 2 x Tempo
- Mic Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x Dual RCA Stereo (master)
- Headphones:1 x 1/8"
- USB:1 x Type B
- Audio Interface:24-bit/44.1kHz
- Effects:Highpass/Lowpass Filters
- Software:Serato DJ Lite
- Compatibility:Serato DJ Pro
- OS Requirements - Mac:OS X 10.11 or later
- OS Requirements - PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Power Supply:USB Bus powered
- Weight:4.6 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:DDJ-SB3