Super compact with flexible connections and mounting possibilities.
The MRX518S is a compact, high-power subwoofer containing a 2044G 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The speaker enclosure is designed to present a minimum frontal area. The system offers complete input connection flexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes.
The input panel incorporates a pair of Neutrik Speakon NL-4 connectors wired in parallel. The MRX518S is supplied with pins +1/-1 connected to the woofer. This may be easily reconfigured to work with cabling systems intended to drive subwoofers on pins +2/-2. For "subwoofer/satellite" configurations, the MRX518S audio speaker is equipped with a top-mounted, 36mm polemount socket that can receive the optional SS3-BK pole. This can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 35mm pole sockets and weighing up to 100 lbs.
The enclosure is constructed of top-quality plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish, and braced to maximize low-frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with an acoustically transparent screen to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance.
- 8 inch, 2044G driver for extended low-frequency output
- Large vent area for reduced distortion
- Low profile and compact
- Tough DuraFlexT finish enclosure
- Power Rating: 500 W / 1000 W / 2000 W
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz - 200 Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 560 mm x 535 mm x 700 mm (22 in x 21 in x 27.5 in)
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 200 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 94 dB SPL; 100 dB SPL
- Rated Maximum SPL: 127 dB SPL (133 dB SPL)* Calculated on half space condition
- Weight: 32.5 kg (72 lb)
- Low Frequency Driver: 1 x JBL 2044G 457 mm