The LX-18EV3 delivers intense long-throw bass from a powerful, mobile and extremely affordable subwoofer. Ideal for live sound and music replay applications, the LX-18EV3 features the B-52 18-220X subwoofer. The made in the U.S.A. cabinet features 7-layer 3/4” plywood construction, reinforced internal bracings, and is finished with impact forgiving black carpet and 4” heavy-duty casters.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Rugged, impact-resistant black carpet finish
- Void-free, 7-layer, 3/4” plywood construction for maximum durability and minimum weight
- Input connections: (2) 1/4” metal phone jacks and (1) Neutrik™ NL 4 Speakon™ connector
- Reinforced internal bracings are used to fortify the cabinet
- 4” heavy-duty casters
- Pole-mounting cup
At the heart of the beast
All B-52 folded-horn cabinets are loaded with the new B-52 18-220X subwoofer which provides high-power handling, great efficiency, very low distortion and accurate sound reproduction. Key features include:
- 4-inch “inside/outside” voice coil wound on both sides of the glass fiber coil former, providing more effective cooling through greater air contact
- The light weight and robust cast aluminum frame is shaped to minimize reflections on the back of the cone
- The entire loudspeaker is designed to work as a “heat sink” for extreme cooling efficiency
- The advanced magnet topology ensures an even distribution of magnetic flux throughout the whole magnet assembly, resulting in symmetrical motor movement preventing stray flux which can cause interference
- The glass-fiber impregnated cone incorporates a sealed surround and added edge-damping to greatly reduce the occurrence of unwanted cone resonances
- The vented magnet ensures constant air circulation to drive heat away from the magnet assembly
Built-in compression chamber
The 18” subwoofers are housed in a compression chamber that minimizes the excursion of the driver while maximizing the subwoofers’ output. The optimally-sized acoustic aperture of the compression chambers forms the throat of the horn and helps force the air at an increased velocity and pressure. The compression chamber optimizes the horn’s output, allowing for amazing output levels.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 30-160 Hz
- Power Handling: 1000 watts
- SPL @ 1w1m: 108
- Peak SPL: 138
- Dimensions (W” x H” x D”): 24 x 37 x 32
- Weight (lbs): 137
Find Similar Products by Category
You May Also Like...